About Health Sciences
Undergraduate majors in Purdue’s School of Health Sciences prepare students for fulfilling health-related careers. Our challenging curriculum offers a common core of courses in mathematics, physics, biology, and chemistry. Within Health Sciences students have the opportunity to participate in multiple health-related student organizations, gain real-world experience through internships, and conduct groundbreaking undergraduate research. Graduates from the School of Health Sciences have found excellent success in gaining employment and admission to professional school programs including medicine, dentistry, physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), optometry, public health, and physician assistant (PA).
Recent alumni of the School of Health Sciences work for a variety of companies including Google, Amazon.com, Johnson & Johnson, Subaru, Alcoa, Indiana State Department of Health, Purdue University, Indiana State Police, IU Health, St. Elizabeth Hospital, Lyondell Basell, and Flint Hills Resources. In 2013, approximately 70% of Health Sciences graduates enrolled in professional or graduate school programs.
School of Health Sciences
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
For Graduate Information please see Health Sciences Graduate Program Information .
- Environmental Health Sciences, BSEH
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Chiropractic Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Dentistry Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Medicine Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Occupational Therapy Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Optometry Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Physical Therapy Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Pre-Physician’s Assistant Concentration, BS
- Health Science Pre-Professional/Public Health Concentration, BS
- Medical Laboratory Sciences, BS
- Occupational Health Science, BS
- Radiological Health Sciences-Health Physics, BS
- Radiological Health Sciences-Pre-Medical Physics, BS
CoursesHealth SciencesCollege Health and Human SciencesIndiana University School of Medicine