Mar 20, 2018  
2016-2017 University Catalog 
2016-2017 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Energy Minor

(Minor Code = ENRY)

A minor in Energy is available to students in the College of Engineering and the Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (ECET) and Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET). An Energy Minor will be granted on the completion of the following 18 cr hrs.

The core requirements (12 crs) are

with a grade of “C’ or higher*

One of the following three courses

with a grade of “C’ or higher*

And one of the following four courses

with a grade of “C’ or higher*

And any 6-credit hours of the following approved elective requirements*

Power Generation


* Provided the 18 hrs are successfully completed with a grade of “C” or better in all of the courses, then an Energy Minor will be awarded. A grade of “C- or lower” in any of the minor courses is not adequate to fulfill the minor.

Generally, all of the above prescribed minor courses must be taken at the Purdue West Lafayette campus to be eligible for the Energy Minor. The only exceptions to this rule are as follows:

  1. One equivalent transfer course from another university can be used if it is a core course and comes from an ABET-accredited program, OR
  2. One equivalent Purdue substitution may be used if it is deemed equivalent to the prescribed minor course and acceptable by the home School of the student.

No more than one substitution from either of the above two categories is acceptable for the Energy Minor.