Mar 23, 2019
2017-2018 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Agricultural Engineering, BSAGE
About the Program
Agricultural engineers apply their knowledge of agricultural systems, natural resources, and engineering to equipment design and assure environmental compatibility of practices used by production agriculture. The Agricultural Engineering curriculum offers great breadth, with specialization choices in machine systems engineering and environmental and natural resources engineering. Subject areas include computer-aided engineering, fluid power, finite element analysis, natural resource conservation, and engineering properties of biological materials. Excellent career opportunities exist in product engineering, equipment research and design, facilities design, environmental consulting, and engineering management.
128 Credits Required
Departmental/Program Major Courses (125 - 126 credits)
Required Major Courses (34 credits)
Other Departmental /Program Course Requirements (91 - 92 credits)
Electives (2 - 3 credits)
College of Agriculture & University Level Requirements
- 2.0 GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- 32 Upper division credits taken from Purdue
- 6 credits International Understanding
- 3 credits Multicultural Awareness
- 6 credits - 3 credit hours from the Written/Oral Communication or Social Science and Humanities categories must come from 30000+ courses or above, and an additional 3 credit hours from the Written/Oral Communication or Social Science and Humanities categories must come from 30000+ or above or from a course with a required pre-requisite in the same department.
- 9 credits of Humanities and/or Social Sciences outside the College of Agriculture
University Core Requirements
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Spring 4th Year
- ABE 48600 - Agricultural Engineering Design
- Engineering Technical Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Humanities or Social Science Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Humanities or Social Science Selective (30000+ level) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Elective - Credit Hours: 2.00 or 3.00 *Depending on choice of CHM 11600 or CS 15900
2.0 GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
Consultation with an advisor may result in an altered plan customized for an individual student.
Official and complete prerequisite lists are in the course catalog.
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.