Mar 19, 2018
About the Program
With a major in organizational leadership, you will focus on leadership and innovation to develop skills as a leader for national and global technology enterprises. The broad curricula will help you learn how to lead in a variety of scenarios, from innovative technology organizations to global teams and organizational change. You will also take courses to understand how policies and law affect technology innovation and influence global technology and organizational leadership.
Organizational Leadership Website
120 Credits Required
Department/Program Major Courses (75 credits)
Required Department Courses (27 credits)
Required Major Courses (48 credits)
Globalization Experience - Credit Hours: 0.0
- Complete Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Pre and Post Tests
- Complete Beliefs, Events, and Values Inventory (BEVI) Pre and Post Tests
- Complete an Intercultural Knowledge and Effectiveness (IKE) component
- Complete TLI-approved Global Course, Faculty-Led Study Abroad, International Internship, or International Capstone/Collaborative Project
Other Departmental Requirements (36 credits)
Other Departmental Courses (9 credits)
Selectives (27 credits)
- Behavioral/Social Science Selective (satisfies BSS for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Humanities Selective (satisfies HUM for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Lab Science Selective (satisfies SCI for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Science Selective (satisfies SCI for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Oral Communication Selective (satisfies OC for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Written Communication Selective (satisfies WC for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Mathematics/Statistics Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- History of Science & Technology Selective - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Advanced Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.0
Electives (9 credits)
Free Electives - Credit Hours: 9.0
University Core Requirements
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Select here for additional lists.
Oral Communication Selective
Written Communication Selective
History of Science & Technology Selective
Advanced Communication Selective
Leadership Experiential Selective
Any IT, OLS, or TLI course not already required.
Any Purdue Polytechnic or Engineering (ENGR or EPIC) course not already required on the plan of study.
Technology Focus Selectives
Military Science & Technology
Any minor in Military Science & Technology
- Aerospace Studies (AEST)
- Military Science & Leadership (MILT)
- Naval Science (NAVL)
2.0 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
32 credits of upper division courses (30000 level or higher) must be taken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
ANY COURSE TAKEN AT PURDUE CAN BE ATTEMPTED NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF, I AND IF).
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.