** = Course included in Professional Education GPA (3.00 - “B” average with no grade lower than a “C-“)
cc= Critical Course (course required for GATE A admission)
- 2.80 Graduation GPA and a 3.00 Professional Education GPA are required for Indiana licensure recommendation.
- 32 credit hours at 30000 level or above required (Elementary Education: K-6/ Reading Concentration)
- The Ivy Tech TSAP plan of study is contingent upon successful admission to the Teacher Education Program (GATE A). If not eligible for GATE A admission, the Ivy Tech student must follow the current Elementary Education program of study.
Teacher Education Program (GATE A) requirements:
- Satisfy Basic Skills Competency Tests/Alternative
- Complete Foundational Education Courses: EDCI 28500
- Overall GPA: 2.80/4.00
- Professional Educational GPA: 3.00/4.00 with no grade lower than a “C-” and no incomplete grades, “I”
- Adhere to Criminal Background Check Policy
Date: ____ Basic Skills Competency Tests/Alternative Date: ____ Content Tests
Date: ____ GATE A: Admission to Teacher Education Program (TEP) Date: ____ GATE B: TEP Retention
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.