Dec 07, 2019
About the Program
The Nuclear Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
125 Credits Required
Nuclear Engineering Major Courses (41 credits)
Required NUCL Courses + NE Technical Electives + Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements = 113 Credit Hours of Nuclear Engineering Major Courses
Required Major Courses (41 credits)
Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements (57 credits)
NE Technical Electives (15 credits)
- Nuclear Engineering Approved Technical Electives
- Technical Elective I - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective II - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective III - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective IV - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective V - Credit Hours: 3.00
General Electives (12 credits)
Nuclear Engineering General Education Requirements
(6 in Social sciences and 6 In Humanities)*
- Lower level Humanities - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Upper level Humanities - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Lower level Social Sciences - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Upper level Social Sciences - Credit Hours: 3.00
*University Core Courses can be applied to fulfill some of these requirements (UCC: Behavior Social Sciences, UCC: Humanities, and UCC: Science, Tech & Society). A maximum of 6 TR, CR, DC credits can be applied to the General Elective requirements.
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Students must have a graduation index of 2.0
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.