The Department of Agricultural Economics has a long history of preparing students for careers in the food and agricultural industry as well as preparation for graduate and law school. The variation of majors offers students the opportunity to focus in agribusiness, economics, sales and marketing, or farm management.
Students have the opportunity to learn from faculty who lead the department’s Center for Food and Agricultural Business and the Center for Commercial Agriculture. The Center for Food and Agricultural Business combines research with real-world applications to offer seminars, workshops, and custom programs to the same companies that are hiring our undergraduate students for internships and full-time positions. The Center for Commercial Agriculture has a vision to “be the leading source of management education and knowledge generation for farmers” bringing a wealth of experienced faculty to guide students interested in a career path in production agriculture.
Students are advised by a passionate group of academic advisors who encourage students to enhance their Purdue experience by participating in transformational experiences. These experiences range from attending a national or campus leadership conference, studying abroad, competing in an academic competition, completing an undergraduate research project, serving as an officer in one of the numerous campus organizations, etc.
Department of Agricultural Economics (website)
Department of Agricultural Economics
403 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: (765) 494-4201
Advising & Student Services Office: Krannert Building (KRAN), Room 681
Prospective Undergraduate Students (website)
Current Undergraduate Students (website)
For Graduate Information please see Agricultural Economics Graduate Program Information .
- Agribusiness: Agribusiness Management Concentration, BS
- Agribusiness: Agricultural Finance Concentration, BS
- Agribusiness: Agricultural Marketing Concentration, BS
- Agribusiness: Commodity Marketing Concentration, BS
- Agribusiness: Food Marketing Concentration, BS
- Agricultural Economics: Applied Agricultural Economics Concentration, BS
- Agricultural Economics: Commodity Marketing Concentration, BS
- Agricultural Economics: Quantitative Analysis Concentration, BS
- Farm Management, BS
- Sales and Marketing, BS