Sep 23, 2020
2019-2020 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Visual Effects Compositing, BS
About the Program
No movie today is completed without the use of digital enhancements. A compositor is responsible for layering all digital effects in the final movie, including color correction, integration of rendered 3-D models, object removal, and set extensions. The visual effects compositing major gives you experience creating effects for video in both live action and computer-generated integration.
Visual Effects Compositing Website
120 Credits Required
Departmental/Program Major Courses (41 credits)
Other Departmental /Program Course Requirements (64 credits)
Electives (15 credits)
Any course, any subject. Credit Hours: 15.00
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
- Students must earn a “C-” or better in all CGT courses.
- 120 semester credits & 2.00 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- Purdue policy states that a student may attempt a course no more than three (3) times. An attempt is defined as all courses displayed on a student’s transcript including, but not limited to A,B,C,D,E,F,W,WF,I and IF
- 32 credit hours of 30000 or 40000 level Purdue courses for graduation
- Cornerstone Certificate is required with this major
The ♦ course is considered critical.
In alignment with the Degree Map Guidance for Indiana’s Public Colleges and Universities, published by the Commission for Higher Education (pursuant to HEA 1348-2013), a Critical Course is identified as “one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major. Students who want to be nurses, for example, should know that they are expected to be proficient in courses like biology in order to be successful. These would be identified by the institutions for each degree program”.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.