Jul 12, 2020
2019-2020 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Supply Chain & Sales Engineering Technology, BS
About the Program
The Supply Chain & Sales Engineering Technology major is part of the Industrial Engineering Technology program. The Industrial Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Virtually all corporations are dependent upon their supply chains to manage the flow of goods, services and information to help customers. You will study the entire supply chain enterprise yet have the flexibility to select courses for your chosen career path. The top ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software in the industry, SAP ERP, is embedded throughout the curriculum. The latest technology and software is also used to help graduates become career-ready.
Supply Chain & Sales Engineering Technology Website
120 Credits Required
Department/Program Major Courses (46 credits)
Required Department Courses (46 credits)
Other Departmental Requirements (69 credits)
Other Departmental Courses (28 Credits)
Selectives (41 credits)
- Behavioral/Social Science Selective (satisfies Behavioral/Social Science for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Humanities Selective (satisfies Humanities for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Lab Science Selective (satisfies Science for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Mathematics Selective (satisfies Quantitative Reasoning for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Oral Communication Selective (satisfies Oral Communication for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Written Communication Selective (satisfies Written Communication for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Advanced Oral Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Advanced Written Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Computer Programming Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- History of Science & Technology Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Manufacturing Automation Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Materials & Processes Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Graphics Selective - Credit Hours: 2.00
- Technical Elective - Credit Hours: 3.00
Electives (5 credits)
Any non-remedial course.
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
2.0 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
32 credits of upper division courses (30000 level or higher) must be taken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
ANY COURSE TAKEN AT PURDUE CAN BE ATTEMPTED NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF, I AND IF).
The ♦ course is considered critical.
In alignment with the Degree Map Guidance for Indiana’s Public Colleges and Universities, published by the Commission for Higher Education (pursuant to HEA 1348-2013), a Critical Course is identified as “one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major. Students who want to be nurses, for example, should know that they are expected to be proficient in courses like biology in order to be successful. These would be identified by the institutions for each degree program”.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.