Sep 20, 2021
About the Program
Students completing a degree in Agribusiness must choose a concentration from five choices: Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Finance, Agricultural Marketing, Commodity Marketing, and Food Marketing. The Commodity Marketing concentration requires courses in price analysis, commodity marketing, strategic management, and production agriculture. Students are prepared for careers in commodity merchandising and procurement for a vast number of agricultural firms such as grain handling companies; feed manufacturers; and meat, dairy, and poultry processing industries.
Agricultural Economics Website
Agribusiness Major Change (CODO) Requirements
120 Credits Required
Departmental/Program Major Courses (39 credits)
Required Major Courses (36 credits)
Major Selectives (3 credits)
Other Departmental /Program Course Requirements (63-64 credits)
Electives (17-18 credits)
- Electives - Credit Hours: 18.00
College of Agriculture & University Level Requirements
University Core Requirements
For a complete listing of University Core Course Selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
- Human Cultures: Behavioral/Social Science (BSS)
- Human Cultures: Humanities (HUM)
- Information Literacy (IL)
- Oral Communication (OC)
- Quantitative Reasoning (QR)
- Science #1 (SCI)
- Science #2 (SCI)
- Science, Technology, and Society (STS)
- Written Communication (WC)
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Spring 1st Year
- AGEC 21700 - Economics
- Biological Sciences Selective - Credit Hours: 4.00
- Human Cultures: Humanities Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Oral Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Science, Technology, & Society Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
Spring 3rd Year
- AGEC 42100 - Advanced Commodity Marketing
- Food and Agribusiness Management Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Mathematics or Science Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Agronomy or Animal Science Selective (AGRY 20000+ level or ANSC 20000+ level) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Written or Oral Communication Selective (20000+ level) - Credit Hours: 3.00
Fall 4th Year
- AGEC 30500 - Agricultural Prices
- AGEC Selective (AGEC 20300:59999) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Humanities or Social Science Selective (30000+level) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Electives - Credit Hours: 5.00
- 2.0 GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- Consultation with an advisor may result in an altered plan customized for an individual student.
- Official and complete prerequisite lists are in the course catalog; the incomplete listing presented here regards this program and course sequencing.
World Language Courses
World Language proficiency requirements vary by program. The following list is inclusive of all world languages PWL offers for credit; for acceptable languages and proficiency levels, see your advisor.
ASL-American Sign Language
The ♦ course is considered critical.
In alignment with the Degree Map Guidance for Indiana’s Public Colleges and Universities, published by the Commission for Higher Education (pursuant to HEA 1348-2013), a Critical Course is identified as “one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major. Students who want to be nurses, for example, should know that they are expected to be proficient in courses like biology in order to be successful. These would be identified by the institutions for each degree program”.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.