May 18, 2021
Requirements for the Minor (15 credits)
- Before undertaking this minor, the student must establish the prerequisites for the required minor courses.
- A course can only be used in one area.
Area 1 - Choose One (3 credits)
Area 2 - Choose One (3 credits)
Area 4 - Choose Two (6 credits)
Due to Minor Requirements and Pre-requisites, Below are the Suggested Pathways for Specific Majors
Krannert School of Management Majors
Industrial Engineering Majors
Pharmacy, Nursing, Biology, Agriculture Majors (Majors that utilize STAT 50300)
Majors that require MA 26100 (Calculus III)
Mathematics majors should consider a dual major in Mathematics with Statistics instead of adding a Statistics minor.
Majors that do not require MA 26100 (Calculus III)
- ALL COURSES FOR THIS MINOR MUST BE TAKEN AT PURDUE UNIVERSITY
- AT LEAST 9 credits of the 15 credit hour minor must be STAT courses. IE 53000 and MA 41600 are considered STAT courses due to cross-listing
- Students Majoring in Actuarial Science, Actuarial Science Honors, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics with Math Emphasis, and/or Statistics Honors cannot complete this minor.
- Students must earn a 2.0 average in MA/STAT/IE/MGMT courses required for the minor.
- Courses that do not require calculus, such as PSY 20100 and SOC 38200 are not equivalent to the courses listed.
- Credit for the STAT minor is not allowed for more than one course in each group (per Course Catalog descriptions):
- STAT 22500, STAT 31100, STAT 41600 or MA 41600
- STAT 30100, STAT 35000, STAT 35500, STAT 50100
- STAT 50300 and STAT 51100
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.