Aug 08, 2022
60 Credits Required
Departmental/Program Major Courses (22 credits)
Required Major Courses (22 credits)
Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements (36 Credits)
University Core Requirements
For a complete listing of University Core Course Selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
- Human Cultures: Behavioral/Social Science (BSS)
- Human Cultures: Humanities (HUM)
- Information Literacy (IL)
- Oral Communication (OC)
- Quantitative Reasoning (QR)
- Science #1 (SCI)
- Science #2 (SCI)
- Science, Technology, and Society (STS)
- Written Communication (WC)
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
- 60 semester credits and a 2.0 Graduation GPA are required for the Associate of Science degree.
- Students must earn a “D-” or better in all courses unless otherwise noted.
- Courses at Purdue University may only be attempted a maximum of three (3) times, including W, WF, I, IF and all graded attempts.
World Language Courses
World Language proficiency requirements vary by program. The following list is inclusive of all world languages PWL offers for credit; for acceptable languages and proficiency levels, see your advisor.
ASL-American Sign Language
The ♦ course is considered critical.
In alignment with the Degree Map Guidance for Indiana’s Public Colleges and Universities, published by the Commission for Higher Education (pursuant to HEA 1348-2013), a Critical Course is identified as “one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major. Students who want to be nurses, for example, should know that they are expected to be proficient in courses like biology in order to be successful. These would be identified by the institutions for each degree program”.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.