Dec 07, 2023
Major Change (CODO) Requirements
Students will need to meet the criteria below to be eligible for this major. A student’s catalog term, typically the semester you started at Purdue, will be used to determine the Major Change criteria that applies to you. Students can find their catalog term at the top of their MyPurduePlan below the degree progress bar.
This major change information below is for the catalog term you are currently viewing; see the University Undergraduate Academic Advising Major Change (CODO) website for prior catalog term criteria and FAQs.
- Minimum Semesters: 1
- Minimum Credits: 3
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
C- or better in the following:
- Students are accepted for FALL, SPRING, and SUMMER
- Students are admitted on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS ONLY after a holistic review. Space is limited.
- Students must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- To be eligible for CODO consideration or to pursue a Dual Degree in Computer and Information Technology:
- Step 1 - View the CODO presentation and read the CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines. CIT CODO Presentation Slides that is accessible on all browsers. You will use this for your quiz AND CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines also information helpful for your quiz.
- Step 2 - Complete the online quiz which can be found on the Computer and Information Technology CODO website and review your myPurduePlan “What-If” report. Print or save a copy of your myPurdue Plan “What-If” report (highly recommended - use for the quiz). CIT CODO Quiz must receive 100% for successful completion. Students must complete Steps 1 & 2 as outlined prior to meeting with a CIT Advisor to submit CODO application request.
- Step 3 - Attend CIT CODO In Walk In Office hours to submit the following application documents:
- CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines
- Completed CODO Quiz (screenshot of the 100% score; first page only)
- myPurduePlan What-If report based on your intended major within the CIT department (recommended)
- Step 4 - After a CIT Advisor confirms that the application request is complete, the student is eligible to request the online* CODO form be submitted by the student’s current Academic Advisor.CODO requests must be submitted by the Friday of Week 14 (week before “dead week”) of the current semester for CODO consideration at the end of that semester.
Note: Any online CIT CODO request submitted before Steps 1-3 are complete will not be approved.
Course Requests: Students who have completed steps 1, 2 & 3 will be eligible for course overrides for 10000 and 20000 level CNIT courses and TECH 12000 - Design Thinking In Technology . Requests for remaining CNIT course space must be submitted online through Scheduling Assistant. The requests will be evaluated during open registration. Students with a complete application and a current GPA or Adjusted GPA of at least 2.8 will be given early consideration. All other requests will be considered after the semester grades post. Students who pre-register will need to re-submit requests through Scheduling Assistant during open registration. Students are not eligible for 30000 level or higher CNIT courses until the CODO request is approved.
Advising Office Location
Knoy 207, 209, 211 or 213