Emerging Environmental Challenges Concentration Selectives (20 credits)
Students define an interdisciplinary topic of study that is not currently captured by any existing majors on campus. In consultation with a faculty mentor and/or the co-directors the student will propose a sequence of classes that addresses the identified topic.
- All NRES core academic requirements must be met.
- No more than 2 classes can be under 30000+ level.
- The classes as a group should pursue an environmentally related subject.
- The courses should not originate from a single department. NRES strives to be interdisciplinary, and the student initiated concentration should be interdisciplinary.
- The student must meet with his/her academic advisor to plan the student initiated concentration.
- The NRES director must approve the selected courses.
- No more than 3 credits can come from independent study.