May 17, 2021
2015-2016 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Network Engineering Technology, BS
About the Program
The world operates on the back of computers - networks of computers. Whether it is wired or wireless, information must be able to travel the network securely, efficiently and accurately. The network engineering technology major provides the necessary background about hardware and software needs to solve networking problems.
Network Engineering Technology Website
Summary of Program Requirements
The Summary of Program Requirements for Network Engineering Technology is a comprehensive list of those categories which a student must fulfill in order to earn their degree. Unlike the full Detailed Program Requirements listed below, complete lists of selectives for any given category are not shown. These summaries are intended to be printer-friendly and less expansive in detail.
Detailed Program Requirements
Please see below for detailed program requirements and possible selective fulfillments.
120 CREDITS FOR GRADUATION
“C-“or better required in all CNIT courses that are a prerequisite to CNIT course
Departmental/Program Major Courses (120 credits)
Computer and Information Technology Major Courses (57 credits)
Other Departmental /Program Course Requirements (63 credits)
Professional Speaking Selective
Professional Writing Selective
General Business Selective
University Core Requirements
Fall 1st Year
Spring 1st Year
Fall 2nd Year
Spring 2nd Year
Fall 3rd Year
Spring 3rd Year
Fall 4th Year
Spring 4th Year
- CNIT 48000 - Managing Information Technology Projects
- Information Systems Selective 8 - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Interdisciplinary Selective 7 - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Interdisciplinary Selective 7 - Credit Hours: 2.00 - 3.00
- Behavioral/Social Sciences Foundational Selective 11 - Credit Hours: 3.00 *
*Fulfills University Core
- Students must earn a C- or better in all CNIT courses that are a prerequisite to CNIT courses.
- 120 semester credits listed above are required for the CIT Bachelor of Science degree with a NET concentration.
- 2.0 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- 2.0 Graduation GPA in all CNIT courses required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- CNIT COURSES MAY BE TAKEN NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF or WN and I GRADES): STUDENTS NOT FULFILLING THIS POLICY MUST WITHDRAW FROM THE PROGRAM.
- ANY COURSE TAKEN AT PURDUE CAN BE ATTEMPTED NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF, WN, I and IF).
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
myPurduePlan is knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.
Foreign Language Courses
Foreign Language proficiency requirements vary by program. For acceptable languages and proficiency levels, see your advisor:
American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, (ancient) Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.