Jan 28, 2023
125 Credits Required
Nuclear Engineering Major Courses (41 credits)
Required NUCL Courses + NE Technical Electives + Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements = 113 Credit Hours of Nuclear Engineering Major Courses
Required Major Courses (41 credits)
Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements (57 credits)
NE Technical Electives (15 credits)
- Nuclear Engineering Approved Technical Electives
- Technical Elective I - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective II - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective III - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective IV - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Technical Elective V - Credit Hours: 3.00
General Electives (12 credits)
Nuclear Engineering General Education Requirements
(6 in Social sciences and 6 In Humanities)*
- Lower level Humanities - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Upper level Humanities - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Lower level Social Sciences - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Upper level Social Sciences - Credit Hours: 3.00
*University Core Courses can be applied to fulfill some of these requirements (UCC: Behavior Social Sciences, UCC: Humanities, and UCC: Science, Tech & Society). A maximum of 6 TR, CR, DC credits can be applied to the General Elective requirements.
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Students must have a graduation index of 2.0
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.