Approved EEE Selective Course Lists
For several elective and selective requirements, lists of acceptable courses will be maintained by the EEE Associate Director of Advising, with approval of changes by the EEE Academics Committee. In addition, students will be able to petition the EEE Academics Committee to have other courses (including one-time special offerings) count for one of the requirements. These lists are therefore considered dynamic, and it is anticipated that small changes will be made to the lists regularly.
All Plans of Study are ultimately subject to approval by the EEE Academics Committee. The EEE curricular guidelines were designed to maximize flexibility so individualized student-centered Plans of Study can be crafted. Proposed Plans of Study without sufficient rigor and academic integrity worthy of earning a BSEEE will not be permitted.
Many courses have prerequisites. It is the student’s responsibility to integrate prerequisite courses into the overall Plan of Study.
Rules for EEE Selectives
- At least six courses, comprising at least 18 credits, are required.
- At least nine of the 18 credits must be in the College of Engineering at the 20000-level or above. Of these, at least three credits must be at the 40000-level or above.
- At least one course (or three credits) must focus on Earth Science (Category A).
- At least one course (or three credits) must be classified as an “engineering design” course (Category B).
- At least one course (or three credits) must be classified as “EEE Professional Practice” course (Category C).
- Students are encouraged to propose a selective plan of study which integrates personal career goals with Purdue coursework. Plans of study require approval from the EEE advisor, the EEE Faculty Mentor and EEE Academics Committee.
- Students are allowed and encouraged to choose more than nine credits from the Universally Approved (ABC categories) list.