May 18, 2021
Pre-requisite Courses for Statistics Minor
- To complete the required courses for the Statistics minor, you will need to first complete certain pre-requisite courses (by completing the course or establishing credit).
- These courses are not part of the Statistics minor.
Requirements for the Minor (15 credits)
A course can only be used in one area.
Area 1 - Choose One (3 credits)
Area 2 - Choose One (3 credits)
Area 4 - Choose Two (6 credits)
Due to Minor Requirements and Pre-requisites, Below are the Suggested Pathways for Specific Majors
Krannert School of Management Majors
Industrial Engineering Majors
Pharmacy, Nursing, Biology, Agriculture Majors
- ALL COURSES FOR THIS MINOR MUST BE TAKEN AT PURDUE UNIVERSITY
- AT LEAST 9 credits of the 15 credit hour minor must be STAT courses.
- *IE 53000 and MA 41600 are considered a STAT course due to cross-listing
- Students Majoring in Actuarial Science, Actuarial Science Honors, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics with Math Emphasis, and/or Statistics Honors cannot complete this minor.
- Students must earn a 2.0 average in MATH/STAT/IE courses required for the minor.
- Courses that do not require calculus, such as PSY 20100 and SOC 38200 are not equivalent to the courses listed.
- Credit for the STAT minor is not allowed for more than one course in each group (per Course Catalog descriptions):
- STAT 22500, STAT 31100, STAT 41600 or MA 41600
- STAT 30100, STAT 35000, STAT 35500, STAT 50100
- STAT 50300 and STAT 51100
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.