About the Program
The Biological Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
The world has tremendous need for solutions to problems related to the environment, energy, health, food, and sustainability. Biological systems are related to or at the heart of all of these issues. A biological engineer learns to design and analyze biological systems to develop innovative and practical solutions. Our B.S. graduates are well prepared for careers in the food industry, pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, and bioprocessing as well as entrance into graduate or medical school. Students may select a major and plan of study within biological engineering that is tailored to their specific career goals. Students in this program earn a Bachelor of Science in Biological Engineering, (BSBE). Some areas of focus include:
This emerging field is expected to rapidly advance and open opportunities in biomanufacturing, drug design, human therapeutics, tissue and organ regeneration, bioenergy and biofuel production, bioremediation, and biodefense.
Some of the factors that contribute to Agricultural & Biological Engineering at Purdue University being a top ranked program:
- Multiple opportunities for interaction with faculty in laboratories and in classes
- Student Competitions, Clubs, Global Experiences
- Personalized advising and attention from faculty
- Practical curriculum for industrial careers
- Great opportunities for scholarships and internships
- Excellent placement record and starting salaries
Watch a video and take a look at some senior projects. We hope to see you in ABE soon!