May 31, 2023
2018-2019 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Virtual Product Integration, BS
About the Program
Modern product manufacturing is increasingly supported by data-driven design, production and support throughout a product’s lifecycle. With a major in virtual product integration (VPI), you will use the latest tools to effectively communicate and support each step in the product’s lifecycle. In your classes, you will define, build, and visualize 3D models to demonstrate how products are built, how they are made, and how they are serviced and supported. Your work will be done primarily with product lifecycle management (PLM) software tools for simulation, computer-aided design (CAD), and product data management (PDM).
Virtual Product Integration Website
120 Credits Required
Departmental/Program Major Courses (53 credits)
Required Major Courses (53 credits)
Other Departmental/Program Course Requirements (55 credits)
Electives (12 credits)
Any course, any subject. Credit Hours: 12.00
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
- Students must earn a “C-” or better in all CGT courses.
- 120 semester credits & 2.00 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- Purdue policy states that a student may attempt a course no more than three (3) times. An attempt is defined as all courses displayed on a student’s transcript including, but not limited to A,B,C,D,E,F,W,WF,I and IF
- 32 credit hours of 30000 or 40000 level Purdue courses for graduation
- Cornerstone Certificate is required with this major.
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.