Sep 18, 2021
About the Program
The Biology major allows a student to pursue a general curriculum with the bachelor of science as a terminal degree or as preparation for graduate work or professional school. This major is designed to give a student maximum flexibility in designing a plan of study suited to individual needs and interests. This curriculum is excellent preparation for a number of careers in both academic and industrial research and professions in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine.
120 Credits Required
Fall 4th Year
- STAT 50300 - Statistical Methods For Biology
- BIOL Group B Elective - Credit Hours: 2.00-4.00
- BIOL Lab Elective(s) - Credit Hours: 2.00-4.00
- Language III - Credit Hours 3.00
- Multidisciplinary Elective - Credit Hours: 1.00-3.00
Spring 4th Year
- BIOL Elective (50000>level) - Credit Hours: 3.00-4.00
- CHM Chemistry Elective - Credit Hours: 3.00-4.00
- CS Computing Elective - Credit Hours: 3.00-4.00
- Great Issues in Science Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- We strongly recommend that students finish calculus with Calc II at Ivy Tech instead of taking General Education.
- Students must have 12 total credist of biology electives.
- Students must have 32 credits of 30000>level taken at Purdue to complete this degree.
- This assums that CS is taken at PWL and meets Computing and Teaming.
The TSAP program is based on a specific two-year TSAP plan. Purdue doesn’t guarantee completion of the bachelor’s degree in four semesters if one chooses to enter a major other than the specific TSAP program at Purdue., Please consult the major department for more information.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.