About the Program
Every day, people with specialized knowledge share that knowledge with others, as teachers, trainers, consultants and more. With a national push to increase interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), you can help spread your knowledge too. By reaching students in middle school and high school, you will become a important part of the STEM education pipeline, providing inspiration to future STEM professionals as they are developing.
This program teaches the basics of most technology and engineering concepts, and it enables you to teach these concepts to middle school or high school students. Concepts include engineering design, prototyping, architecture and construction, robotics and automation. Learn to teach through service learning to help students tackle global challenges. You will also receive a Project Lead The Way pre-engineering teaching certificate. Because this is a high-demand field, all of our graduates in recent years have found teaching jobs or other employment that utilizes their leadership and technology backgrounds.
Contact Dr. Kelley, Dr. Mentzer, Dr. Daugherty or Dr. Asunda for more information about the Engineering/Technology Teacher Education degree program.
- Learn in a program that routinely is among the best in the nation, including number one four times in eight years (as listed by the Association for Career and Technical Education)
- Integrate Project Lead The Way (PLTW) competencies into your program
- Expand your career options by becoming certified to teach PLTW courses in secondary education
- Teach and learn in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute’s state-of-the-art laboratories and the DEPCO, LLC Engineering/Technology Education Laboratory, which is designed to emulate a contemporary middle-level environment
- Benefit from expert faculty who hold doctoral degrees and teaching credentials
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
Summary of Program Requirements
The Summary of Program Requirements for Engineering Technology Teacher Education is a comprehensive list of those categories which a student must fulfill in order to earn their degree. Unlike the full Detailed Program Requirements listed below, complete lists of selectives for any given category are not shown. These summaries are intended to be printer-friendly and less expansive in detail.
Detailed Program Requirements
Please see below for detailed program requirements and possible selective fulfillments.
TTLI-ETTE-BS/Major: TCED 201610
120 Credits for graduation