Aug 09, 2020
About the Program
When you major in industrial engineering technology at Purdue University, you will gain skills to prepare you for a wide variety of career options: manufacturing plants, government agencies, hospitals, healthcare organizations, retail companies, and more. You will focus on both technical and human-centered approaches to technology management. You will learn how to manage and coordinate engineering operations and lead projects from design to implementation. Coursework is enhanced with an overview of business and economics.
Industrial Engineering Technology Website
120 Credits Required
Department/Program Major Courses (66 credits)
Required Department Courses (27 credits)
Required Major Courses (39 credits)
Internship Experience - Credit Hours: 0.0
- Complete an IET-related internship (min 160 hours)
- Complete an industry cooperative experience
- Employment during the academic year related to IET
- Complete an industry-based, undergraduate research experience
- Student-proposed alternative: must be commensurate with the expectations of the IET internship experience
Globalization Experience - Credit Hours: 0.0
- Complete Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Pre and Post Tests
- Complete Beliefs, Events, and Values Inventory (BEVI) Pre and Post Tests
- Complete an Intercultural Knowledge and Effectiveness (IKE) component
- Complete TLI-approved Global Course, Faculty-Led Study Abroad, International Internship, or International Capstone/Collaborative Project
Other Departmental Requirements (37 credits)
Other Departmental Courses (13 credits)
Selectives (24 credits)
- Behavioral/Social Science Selective (satisfies BSS for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Humanities Selective (satisfies HUM for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Science Selective (satisfies SCI for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Oral Communication Selective (satisfies OC for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Written Communication Selective (satisfies WC for univ core) - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Mathematics/Statistics Selective - Credit Hours: 3.0
- History of Science & Technology Selective - Credit Hours: 3.0
- Advanced Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.0
Technical Electives (8 credits)
- Technical Electives - Credit Hours: 8.0
Electives (9 credits)
Free Electives - Credit Hours: 9.0
University Core Requirements
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
Select here for additional lists.
2.0 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
32 credits of upper division courses (30000 level or higher) must be taken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
ANY COURSE TAKEN AT PURDUE CAN BE ATTEMPTED NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF, I AND IF).
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.
Oral Communcation Selectives
Written Communcation Selectives
History of Science and Technology Selectives
Advanced Communication Selectives
Any IT, OLS, or TLI course not already required
Any Purdue Polytechnic or Engineering (ENGR) course not already required on the plan of study.