Oct 03, 2022
About the Program
When you major in industrial engineering technology at Purdue University, you will gain skills to prepare you for a wide variety of career options: manufacturing plants, government agencies, hospitals, healthcare organizations, retail companies, and more. You will focus on both technical and human-centered approaches to technology management. You will learn how to manage and coordinate engineering operations and lead projects from design to implementation. Coursework is enhanced with an overview of business and economics.
Industrial Engineering Technology Website
120 Credits Required
Department/Program Major Courses (66 credits)
Required Department Courses (27 credits)
Required Major Courses (39 credits)
Other Major Requirements
- Internship Experience - Credit Hours: 0.00
- Globalization Experience - Credit Hours: 0.00
Other Departmental Requirements (37 credits)
Other Departmental Courses (13 credits)
Selectives (24 credits)
- Behavioral/Social Science Selective (satisfies Behaviorial/Social Science for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Humanities Selective (satisfies Humanities for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Science Selective (satisfies Science for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Oral Communication Selective (satisfies Oral Communication for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Written Communication Selective (satisfies Written Communication for core) - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Mathematics/Statistics Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- History of Science & Technology Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
- Advanced Communication Selective - Credit Hours: 3.00
Technical Electives (8 credits)
- Technical Electives - Credit Hours: 8.00
Electives (9 credits)
- Any course, any subject - Credit Hours: 9.00
University Core Requirements
- Human Cultures Humanities
- Human Cultures Behavioral/Social Science
- Information Literacy
- Science #1
- Science #2
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Quantitative Reasoning
For a complete listing of course selectives, visit the Provost’s Website.
For current pre-requisites for courses, click here.
- 2.0 Graduation GPA required for Bachelor of Science degree.
- 32 credits of upper division courses (30000 level or higher) must be taken at Purdue University, West Lafayette.
- ANY COURSE TAKEN AT PURDUE CAN BE ATTEMPTED NO MORE THAN THREE TIMES (INCLUSIVE OF W, WF, I AND IF).
The ♦ course is considered critical. A Critical Course is one that a student must be able to pass to persist and succeed in a particular major.
The student is ultimately responsible for knowing and completing all degree requirements.
The myPurduePlan powered by DegreeWorks is the knowledge source for specific requirements and completion.