Feb 05, 2023
Major Change (CODO) Requirements
Purdue students interested in changing their major should meet with their current academic advisor to discuss their options and begin the online process. Once the student’s Major Change (CODO) has been processed, students will receive an email with instructions to authorize the change.
Students will need to meet the criteria below to be eligible for this major. A student’s catalog term, typically the semester you started at Purdue, will be used to determine the Major Change criteria that applies to you. Students can find their catalog term at the top of their MyPurduePlan below the degree progress bar.
This major change information below is for the catalog term you are currently viewing; see the University Undergraduate Academic Advising Major Change (CODO) website for prior catalog term criteria, more about the major change process and FAQs.
- Audio Engineering Technology, BS (AUET)
- Automation and Systems Integration Engineering Technology, BS (ASET)
- Computer Engineering Technology, BS (CEGT)
- Electrical Engineering Technology, BS (EETC)
- Energy Engineering Technology, BS (ENET)
- Industrial Engineering Technology, BS (TIET)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology, BS (METC)
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology, BS (MHET)
- Robotics Engineering Technology, BS (ROET)
- Supply Chain & Sales Engineering Technology, BS (SCET)
- Smart Manufacturing Industrial Informatics, BS (SMII)
- Minimum Semesters: 0
- Minimum West Lafayette Credits: 0
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
C- or better in the following:
- Students are accepted for FALL, SPRING, and SUMMER
- Major is open with no anticipated space restrictions.
- Students must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
Advising Next Steps
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a School of Engineering Technology academic advisor to discuss courses and how their courses would count in the program. Students can request to meet with an advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.