Dec 08, 2023
Major Change (CODO) Requirements
Purdue students interested in changing their major should meet with their current academic advisor to discuss their options and begin the online process. Once the student’s Major Change (CODO) has been processed, students will receive an email with instructions to authorize the change.
Students will need to meet the criteria below to be eligible for this major. A student’s catalog term, typically the semester you started at Purdue, will be used to determine the Major Change criteria that applies to you. Students can find their catalog term at the top of their MyPurduePlan below the degree progress bar.
This major change information below is for the catalog term you are currently viewing; see the University Undergraduate Academic Advising Major Change (CODO) website for prior catalog term criteria, more about the major change process and FAQs.
- Biology, BS (BIOL)
- Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology, BS (CMDB)
- Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology, BS (EEEB)
- Genetics, BS (GNTC)
- Health and Disease, BS (HLDS)
- Microbiology, BS (MICR)
- Microbiology Honors, BS (MICH)
- Neurobiology and Physiology, BS (NRPH)
- Minimum Semesters: 1
- Minimum West Lafayette Credit Hours: 12
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
C- or better in the following:
- Students are accepted for FALL, SPRING, and SUMMER.
- Students are admitted on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS ONLY after a holistic review. Space is limited.
- Students must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation).
- 2.0 GPA or better in any completed BIOL, CHM, CS, MA, PHYS or STAT course that meets degree requirements. See courses listed under program of interest in the College of Science Department of Biological Sciences Programs section of the 2022-2023 University Catalog or current students can use the “What if” function in MyPurduePlan.
Advising Next Steps
Meeting with a Biology Academic Advisor is strongly recommended to provide advice and information about the programs and changing majors. Call (765) 494-4747 to schedule an appointment.