About the Program
Management majors mean business. They effectively lead, coordinate and communicate innovative solutions in all aspects of an organization from operations to human resources. They are adaptable leaders with strong roots in analytics, complemented by solid communication skills that help them compete in the business world.
A multi-functional approach to coursework allows you to discover different business areas at the same time like finance, strategy, law and organizational behavior. You’ll refine your critical thinking, communication and analytical skills as you explore these different aspects of business. Students can add concentration areas to focus on specific interests.
Graduate pursue many different job opportunities. Some begin in corporate management rotational programs, as account executives or as project managers. You will find Krannert management graduates in companies like Boeing, General Motors, Amazon.com, and Target Corporation.
Summary of Program Requirements
The Summary of Program Requirements for Management is a comprehensive list of those categories which a student must fulfill in order to earn their degree. Unlike the full Detailed Program Requirements listed below, complete lists of selectives for any given category are not shown. These summaries are intended to be printer-friendly and less expansive in detail.
Detailed Program Requirements
Please see below for detailed program requirements and possible selective fulfillments.
Bachelor of Science in Management
Minimum credit hours: 120
Management Admissions Index Core (MAI)
- To be automatically admitted into upper division, students who have completed all courses in the MAI must have at least a 3.00 MAI GPA and a 2.50 cumulative GPA, have a C- or higher in all MAI and School of Management courses, and may not be on academic probation.
- Requirements for upper division can be found online: http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/undergraduate/current-students/mgmt/mgmt-req-upper-div.asp
- MAI courses, or their equivalents, may only be enrolled in two times for a grade.
- A maximum of three MAI courses may be retaken.
- School of Management, MAI, and concentration courses with grades of “F” can only be retaken at Purdue University.
- Previous enrollments as a non-School of Management student in MA 16100 , MA 16200 , MA 16500 , MA 16600 do not count against the retake policy.